Enjoy cooler weather with Singapore’s first Peranakan Night Tour where we explore the rich history of the Peranakan Chinese culture in Joo Chiat!
- A scrumptious dinner awaits at the oldest Peranakan restaurant in Singapore, Guan Hoe Soon. Sedap!
- After dinner, we take a 20-minute leisurely walk to admire the intricate architecture and facade of the pre-war Peranakan shophouses.
- Time travel back to the 1920s as we enter a Peranakan private museum housed in a heritage shophouse.
- Marvel at the rare collection of intricately Peranakan heirlooms and listen to intriguing stories about them.
- Learn to play the traditional Cherki card game, which is similar to the Chinese “”Mahjong””!
”Am really happy to have joined this tour! It's nice to have Ms. Summer (tour guide) to explain the history in mandarin as we have a granny in the group and helped us take many pictures! We also had a sumptuous Peranakan lunch (several dishes - rice,soup meat,vege, lemonade drinks + chendol. Yummy!!) A thank you to the driver who is careful in driving.Stella20 Sep 2021
”A big thank you to guide Summer who shared interesting stories and took great care of us throughout the tour. The Peranakan museum is also a eye opening experience with many rare Peranakan antiques. Will totally recommend this tour!Sophia25 Sep 2021